For a long time I used an npm package to sync my dotfiles. In 2021 I finally got my act together and used stow to organize them.
During the upgrade I tried really hard to slim down my third party tools to keep things simpler.
- Replaced oh-my-zsh with plain zsh.
- Because I had a custom status line, I wasn't using most of oh-my-zsh.
- I only needed to copy some aliases and history setting.
- Went all in on coc.nvim and replaced nerdtree with coc-explorer
- Tried to slim down my syntax highlighting packages by using Treesitter (wasn't as great as hoped)